If you want to create that “homey” look in your house or just spruce up a bland and boring wall to bring some personality to the room, a great way to do this is with wall decor. Yet so many people just don’t know how to decorate their walls in style and even if they do find great wall decor, they may not know how to hang it or display it properly for the desired effect. Here are some tips and ideas to help you in decorating your walls:
1. First create a plan for your walls. Draw it out on paper (it doesn’t matter if you’re not a good artist.)
2. Use your drawing as a “blueprint” to design how you will decorate a particular wall.
3. Use the proper tools when hanging wall art so that it hangs properly and stays where you want it.
4. Use a level to be sure you hang pictures and other framed items evenly.
5. Keep photos and artwork at average eye level and not too high.
6. Try wall decals to spice up a boring wall. This is especially nice in children’s rooms.
7. Experiment with latex paints for wall decor. Use stencils to create patterns.
8. Choose wall decor items that enhance the theme of the decor in your room.
These hints and ideas will help you with your wall decor and your next wall decorating project. Remember that your walls are another important part of your home and the wall decor you choose can make or break the room’s theme. Don’t neglect your wall decor and watch your room come to life!
If you’re looking to great wall decor items, browse our site for unique, handcrafted home decor and gift items. We have many wall decor pieces to choose from.
Lisa Mason is a freelance writer with a specialty in Internet content and SEO articles. She has written thousands of articles, hundreds of eBooks and thousands of website pages and related content. She has also authored her own books and works as a consultant to other writers, Internet marketers and Internet businesses.